We are very pleased to have secured funding from Health Education England to commission a one day PABBS ( Postvention: Assisting those Bereaved by Suicide) training course for frontline workers who are directly supporting people bereaved by suicide in both Kent& Medway. The places are limited to 20 delegates and I would like to invite you to either attend, forward the invitation to relevant colleagues, or nominate a representative from your organisation to participate as part of our targeted approach. Places will be offered as a priority to those in direct contact with bereaved individuals.
Background information on PABBS for practitioners
· PABBS is developed by experts in suicide prevention and postvention and is the only evidence-based and evaluated suicide bereavement training internationally.
· Informed by a 3 year study at the UoM, funded by NIHR (research for patient benefit programme) and continues to be supported by NIHR to raise awareness of PABBS to help address the unmet needs within the NHS. A PABBS article is used as evidence in NICE guidelines and endorsed by Public Health England.
· The study identified experiences of those bereaved by suicide, GP’s, mental health professionals and ambulance staff to PABBS with 4 papers published which are directly associated with the PABBS training - https://suicidebereavementuk.com/the-development-of-postvention-assisting-those-bereaved-by-suicide-pabbs-evidence-based-suicide-bereavement-training-for-health-professionals/
1. GP’s Experience - GP’s experiences responding to and dealing with parents bereaved by suicide
2 Parents Experience - Parents bereaved by suicide experiences and perceived support from primary care
3. Evaluations - An evaluation of PABBS evidence-based suicide bereavement training
4. Ambulance Staff - Ambulance staff experience in responding to a (suspected) suicide and the bereaved family
Due to the sensitivities with this topic the training will only be delivered face to face and will be taking place at a large Covid compliant hotel venue in Medway on May 11th. The training will be free to attend although a cancellation fee will apply for non-attendance. All participants will receive a delegate pack which will include a workbook and PABBS manual for future reference along with additional postvention literature for each delegate.
Unfortunately due to limited numbers a place cannot be guaranteed, but a cancellation list will be held and if additional courses are available in the future then details will be stored for future reference.
If you would like further information or to request a place on the training then please email firstname.lastname@example.org